Thursday, June 18, 2009

3 days in New Orleans


I know, I know, it's been 4 months since I've updated this thing. I'm sure everyone out there is just sitting around holding their breath for the next installment, ha!

What have I been doing? Well, not much actually, 2 openings, lots of submissions and getting my new gallery "the little gallery" ready for shows. Unfortunately not much painting (so I guess it's a good thing it's a little gallery).

Back in March I took a trip to New Orleans for "a significant" birthday celebration with a friend of mine. Let me just say that I had never been there before and all of the friends of mine who knew I was going failed to give me any kind of true impression of what I would find. To be specific they didn't tell me it was a cross between Las Vegas and Virginia City, no clocks and no laws.

We survived though and I did manage to do a painting from the experience. I'm posting it here. I was enamored with this street musician with his steel guitar. It seemed like he had just walked out of the 1930's, with his haircut and the way he dressed. I'm so glad that between all the laughter of those 3 days I managed to get pictures of him.

Next trip, Seattle in the summer, a little island living - so inevitably more beach paintings on the way.

2 comments:

Sizun said...

Welcome back in Blogland, Laura.
I really enjoyed reading about your visit to New Orleans, as much as I enjoyed watching your painting.

Laura said...

Thank you Ghislaine, I appreciate your interest.