Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chairs. What?




Not many people know this about me but if I hadn't become an artist I probably would have become either an interior designer, travel agent, or a marine biologist (or a psychotherapist, but that's another story). Another thing that perhaps is a little weird about me is that I have always (since I was a little kid) seen objects as having their own human personality (hence eccentric artist). So when I was looking for a subject to paint that would allow me to do some color studies but still have tons of personality that could stand alone on a panel, I chose the chair. I love how many crazy chairs there are out there, I could literally find enough to get through the entire 100 paintings.

So here are the first 3 (of 10 not of 100) of the chair series.

No comments: